The marquise cut is a diamond shape that is long and slender, with pointed ends. It is said to resemble a smile, which is why it is often chosen for engagement rings. The marquise cut is also known for its fire and scintillation, which means that it sparkles and shines beautifully.
The marquise cut was first created in the 1700s by a French jeweler named Jean-Baptiste Tilliard. He named the cut after the Marquise de Pompadour, a mistress of King Louis XV of France. The marquise cut quickly became popular among the European aristocracy, and it remains a popular choice for engagement rings today.
Lab grown diamond rings with marquise cuts are becoming increasingly popular. Lab grown diamonds are created in a laboratory, rather than mined from the earth. This makes them more affordable and sustainable than natural diamonds. Lab grown diamonds are also available in a wider range of colors and sizes than natural diamonds, which makes them a great option for couples who are looking for a unique and special engagement ring.
Here are some of the advantages of choosing a marquise cut lab grown diamond ring for your engagement ring:
- Affordability: Lab grown diamonds are significantly more affordable than natural diamonds. This is because they do not require the same mining and extraction process, which is both expensive and harmful to the environment.
- Sustainability: Lab grown diamonds are considered to be more sustainable than natural diamonds. This is because they do not require the mining of diamonds, which can have a devastating impact on the environment and the communities that live near diamond mines.
The Marquise Cut: A Brilliant Choice for Engagement Rings
- Uniqueness: The marquise cut is a relatively rare diamond shape, which makes it a unique and special choice for an engagement ring.
- Sparkle: The marquise cut is known for its fire and scintillation, which means that it sparkles and shines beautifully.
If you are looking for an affordable, sustainable, and unique engagement ring, a marquise cut lab grown diamond ring is a great option. With its long, slender shape and brilliant sparkle, the marquise cut is sure to turn heads and make your engagement ring a truly special one.
Here are some additional things to consider when choosing a marquise cut lab grown diamond ring:
- Carat weight: The carat weight of a diamond is a measure of its size. Marquise cut diamonds are typically available in carat weights ranging from 0.5 carats to 2 carats.
- Clarity: The clarity of a diamond refers to the absence of inclusions, which are small blemishes or imperfections. Marquise cut diamonds are typically available in clarity grades ranging from SI1 to VS2.
- Color: The color of a diamond refers to its shade. Marquise cut diamonds are typically available in color grades ranging from G to J.
- Cut: The cut of a diamond refers to its shape and symmetry. A well-cut marquise diamond will have a long, slender shape with pointed ends.
With so many factors to consider, it is important to do your research and find a reputable jeweler who can help you choose the perfect marquise cut lab grown diamond ring for your engagement ring.